The Festival envisages the presence of different juries who assign the awards for the official competitions.
TECHNICAL JURY: composition of the Jury of the 18th Festival edition:
Danilo Mainardi, ethologist and Honorary President of LIPU; President of the Technical Jury of the Festival's 18th edition;
Lucilla Albano, Professor of Cinema studies, Università di Roma 3;
Anne Lapied, director;
Paolo Lazzarin, vicepresident of Ente Progetto Natura.
Joseph Péaquin, director;
Ezio Torta, author and TV director;
The awards assigned by the Technical Jury are:
- Gran Paradiso National Park award (worth 1.500 €)
- Ente Progetto Natura award (worth 1.500 €)
- WWF Italia award
- Lipu-Mario Pastore award
JURY OF THE AUDIENCE
International Competition - Senior: it assigns the ‘Stambecco d’Oro Trophy - Fondazione CRT Award’ (worth 5.000 €) for best film.
International Competition - Junior: it assigns the 'Stambecco d’Oro Junior Trophy'. The Jury is composed of kids between 8 and 13 years old.
- CortoNatura: it assigns the award for best short film (worth 1.000 €).
Jury members who commit to view the entire official selection will receive 1 Fondation Grand Paradis Pass, 1 entrance ticket to the Fortress of Bard, 1 Giroparchi Hiking Map. Their seat in all venues is reserved until 8.45 p.m. during the Festival screening nights.
During the event Natura è mobilità sostenibile (Nature is sustainable mobility) - on 30 August at 3 p.m. - the following prizes will be drawn among all Jury members:
• Special Prize “Nature and Culture” offered by Fondazione Orestiadi: ceramic ornmental dish by Arnaldo Pomodoro
• 5 vouchers to attend the Winter Gran Paradiso Film Festival in Valsavarenche (see the Festival catalogue)
• 1 sustainable weekend for 2 offered by Associazione Filmstudio ’90 in the context of the film festival “Di terra e di cielo”
• 1 voucher for a weekend at Hotel Belvedere of Gimillan (Cogne)
• 1 shopping voucher to be spent at Ezio Sport in Cogne
• 1 Magnum wine, Sirah 2011 – Les Crêtes
• 1 entry to the Spa of Hotel Belvedere of Gimillan (Cogne)
• 1 restaurant voucher to be spent at Hotel Belvedere of Gimillan (Cogne)
Members of the Cogne venue Jury are summoned to the welcome meeting at 6 p.m. on Sunday 24 August at Maison de la Grivola